Home > Great Deals, New Products > Demo Air Net – Filter the Air in Your Workshop For Less $!

Demo Air Net – Filter the Air in Your Workshop For Less $!

October 12, 2009 Leave a comment Go to comments

Eagle America added this great new product to their line,  just in time for the holidays!

The Demo Air Net makes any shop or work site project easier and cleaner while costing significantly less than a traditional air filtration system. Scientifically proven to remove airborne pollutants and carcinogens while you work, this device easily slips over the front of any fan and captures airborne particles down to 5 microns. After use, it will need to be washed. You can simply rinse it in a mop bucket but washing it on a gentle cycle in a machine and air drying works best. Now it is good as new and ready for your next project. (Fan not included)

Small: Fits 9″ fans, ideal for tight spaces and desktops with an effective area is 20 cubic feet.

Medium: Fits up to 18″ round fans, ideal for construction dust and pet hair with effective area is 3,200 cubic feet.

Large: Fits up to 24″ round or 20″ square fans, ideal for heavy demolition and sanding with an effective area of 4,800 cubic feet.

Monster: Fits up to 42″ fans, ideal for the heaviest pollutants in large areas. Effective area is up to 30,000 cubic feet.

About these ads
  1. Harlow Chandler
    October 17, 2009 at 12:04 pm

Unfortunately the most dangerous airborne particles are smaller than the 5 microns this system traps. It may be “proven to remove airborne pollutants and carcinogens,” but that really should read “some and not the most dangerous airborne pollutants and carcinogens.” It will help keep your shop clean, but it’s not adequate protection for your lungs. Eagle America was right to say “easier and cleaner,” and not say “safe.”

2. Bruce Brooks
    October 17, 2009 at 1:21 pm

How long, for light, medium, and heavy concentrations of dust in the air, will it take before it needs to be removed and cleaned? How quickly does its efficiency drop as the sawdust builds up? If you can give good answers to these questions simply and quantitatively, I will probably buy one. Otherwise, I’ll assume it’s just another gimmick that works well in the commercial but not in real life.

• Eric
      October 19, 2009 at 9:18 pm

Mr. Brooks,

Your question was sent to the folks at Demo Air Net so you could get the best answer possible. Here is what they had to say:

Sir
      My personal experience with this has been as follows. When confronted with a 1,500 + sq ft room that’s heavily polluted from severe Demolition I wash it nightly. I speak of a room with ceilings over 10 ft, and I would deploy the “Monster” size on my 36″ fan. I speak of a Demolition that has the ability to relsease pollutant’s to the point of reducing visibility. The “Monster” I reserve for the worst I can dish out at it! I deal alot with Coal dust, this keeps it out of our eyes, and off our skin. In a case like this, I would be washing nightly.

When I’m in a room of lesser severity, say a single job, or a smaller task I will use my Large on the 16″ round. I have been in 1,200 sq ft Basements with a Large “Demo Air Net” suspended in the staircase has kept everything from getting to the upstairs during Drywall sanding. The trick is pay close attention to the specific task, volume of pollutants, and in no time you’ll see. Here as in all situations elevation of the assembly off the ground will greatly enhance performance. In a case like this I would expect to wash every other day, and or at the end of the job.

I will say I have customers in woodshops, + or – 500 sq ft that tell me they wait a week or so before it requires cleaning and they use the Mediums and Large sizes. I have a rule of thumb, I keep my eyes on the stitching lines, when they start turning dark I note the time left in the project. Personally I start it early, and leave it running because I know it is catching things I can’t see. Others have told me that they wait till it discolors, and then wash it!

The Airborne dust from wood is far less clogging than concrete for example, and I would expect it to go farther between cleanings when exposed to the lesser weight of wood dust. If I’m cutting concrete, I’m washing nightly. Remember it is heat cured to 480 degrees, so it washes swiftly on a “Gentle” wash cycle, and back on the fan it will air dry in minutes-no dryer needed.

The “Heat Curing” also ensures that the walls deflect absorption, and sawdust tends to accumulate at the bottom, so the majority of the filtration surface isn’t easily blocked. I need to stress the fact that it washes so easily, in a pinch we have washed with a bucket 1/2 full of water, even a garden hose in the field. But I try to ensure it makes into a wash machine, so it’s ready when I need them.

I hope this helps.

Patrick
      Tech Support

Demo Air Net L.L.C.

3. Araldite
    October 17, 2009 at 2:17 pm

It’s not “up to five microns”, it’s “down to five microns”.

• Eric
      October 19, 2009 at 1:22 pm

Noted and corrected.
      Thank you!

4. Patrick-The Inventor
    October 20, 2009 at 12:39 am

This “Demo Air Net” Product was born of necessity, not greed. We use it almost daily. I am a Contractor specializing in Pre1900′s Structural Renovation, and have solved the “Airborne Dust Control” Issues I have on the site. I challenge anyone to show me a better solution, that’s easily washed, clears 1,000′s of cubic feet of air as swiftly. If you think its just a simple Fabric, you aren’t paying close attention.
    The Airflow is precise, yet controlled down to 5 Microns, I have found the exact point at which this extremely durable fabric captures Drywall, Sawdust to Concrete even Insulation. Then heat cured it to ensure its going to last. I have 1 that I have been using for 4 years.
    I took what I learned in US Marine Jet Propulsion school and targeted the entire room. Not just the face but the entire room. In Charlotte, 2008 we cleared a 31,000 cubic foot lab in 15 minutes of 97.5% of the measurable Silica. See the actual scientist report on the website under “Safety & Compliance”. They aren’t paid by me, not a dime. A big big Contractor paid for that Lab.
    It’s gratifying to be able to say not only will I personally promise you’ll learn to respect the simplicity, but also the fact that you will realize the benefit first time you see it completely dirty.
    Money Back means exactly that, Money Back. If you aren’t happy, send it back! But I bet you won’t, and when you call to thank us please take pictures and or send pictures in your emails. I enjoy the calls, like Peter from NY last week. He used on for a month in his Basement Shop, and has a High Rise Remodel coming up and ordered a 2nd.
    As a Service Disabled Former US Marine I assure you this is not a gimmick, it’s a solution to a real problem. And for the record it will never be made overseas, not in my lifetime.

Patrick Sheehan