Router vs. Shaper – Which one is your favorite?
I was reading some posts at FamilyWoodworking.org recently and stumbled across this one titled “Router vs. Shaper Question“. Well, since we are “The World’s Router Bit & Woodworking Source” we have a vested interest in people loving woodworking routers and router bits…but we also carry a very nice line of Shaper Cutters. As you can imagine this post really caught my attention.
So we would love to hear from you, where do you stand on the “Router vs. Shaper” discussion? Some questions to consider:
- Do you just have a plain old preference for one over the other?
- Do you only have a router due to space limitations in your shop?
- Do you have a shaper because you can use both router bits and shaper cutters in it?
- Do you have a router because there are many more sizes and shapes of router bits compared to shaper cutters?
- Do you side with the router because you can own multiples of them and keep them setup in your shop for specific uses?
- Etc., etc., etc…
- Are we not offering enough profiles?
- If not, what are we missing that you want?
- Are we not offering enough sizes of certain profiles?
Our offering of router bits and shaper cutters exceeds 2,000 different options, especially when you factor in the sets we have available. That’s a lot for you to choose from…but we want to make sure we aren’t missing something. What you say matters!